1. Entry Fee : £20.
2. Closing Date for Receipt of Entries : Thursday 23rd July 2019 at 10am.
3. Championship Format : The County Boys Championship will be decided over 36 Holes of “Medal Strokeplay”. The starting field is limited to 60 players, subject to review by the Tournament Committee. Both rounds will be played on the one day, a two tee start may be used where appropriate, in which case the groups will switch starting points for the second round. In the event of a tie for the leading gross score after 36 holes, the tied competitors will play-off over 3 selected holes; if remaining tied, play will continue on those holes until a result is determined. The play-off will be on a “Medal Strokeplay” basis. The competitor returning the overall lowest gross score will receive the Vice Presidents’ Trophy, his “Boys County Colours” and a memento, other prizes as detailed in theCountyHandbookwill also be awarded.
4. Handicap and Age Restrictions : Competitors must have a current “Competitive” CONGU UHS playing handicap not exceeding 12 at the time of entry. All players must be aged under 18 years on the 1st of January of the current year. Entrants must understand and ensure that the requirements of CUGC General Condition 14 are complied with.
5. Competitors should note that allCountyChampionshipsare conducted according to the CUGC General Conditions for Championships and the CUGC Standing Local Rules. Copies of these regulations are attached and may be viewed on the County Website www.cheshiregolf.org.uk.
6. Each Entrant must be a male Member of an Affiliated Golf Club in the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs; or he must have been born in Cheshire and be a male Member of an Affiliated Club in another County. He must not have taken part in a Stroke or MatchPlay Golf Championship of anotherCountyUnion, or have represented anotherCountyUnionduring the current calendar year.
7. In the event that Entries exceed the field capacity a “Ballot” will be conducted based on the Entrants “exact” handicap at the time of the Ballot as confirmed by the England Golf CDH record, or as may be otherwise notified to theCountySecretaryin a form acceptable to him.
8. In all cases individual entry shall be made using the County website “On-Line Entry and Payment” facility, (link below); or by means of an official Entry Form available for download from the County Website, this may be submitted by post or facsimile. Entrants must include their “Competitive” Handicap and “CDH” number with their Entry; and:
a.) Both the entry and payment procedure must be fully completed and received by theCountySecretaryof the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs at or before 12 noon on the stipulated closing date for entries. Any payment by Cheque should be made payable to the “Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs”.
b.) No entry fee will be refunded unless firm notice of withdrawal is received in writing or via E-Mail before the published closing date for entries, except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently compete.
c.) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Tournament Committee who reserve the right to accept or refuse any entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
9. The draw for the Championship will be available for view on the County Website, an “on-line” results service will also be displayed during the Championship through the website.