1. Entry Fee : £35.
2. Closing Date for Receipt of Entries : Tuesday 7th July 2020 at 10am.
3. Championship Format : The Championship will be decided over 36 Holes of “Medal Strokeplay” starting with round 1 on Thursday afternoon 18th July and Round 2 in reverse score order the morning of Friday 19th July. The starting field is not normally limited but remains subject to review by the Tournament Committee. One round will be played on each day, play is in order of handicap on Thursday. In the event of a tie for the leading gross score after 36 holes, the tied competitors will play-off over 3 selected holes; if remaining tied, play will continue on those holes until a result is determined. The play-off will be on a “Medal Strokeplay” basis. The competitor returning the overall lowest gross score will receive the G.E. Northam Trophy, and a memento, a nett prize and “Age Group” prizes as detailed in theCountyHandbookwill also be awarded. Note that a Club Team Championship operates in-conjunction with this event, details will be provided to all Affiliated Clubs.
4. Handicap and Age Restrictions : Competitors must have a current “active” playing handicap, however no limits apply, note that a nett prize is also awarded. All competitors must be aged 55 and over on the day of the Championship.
5. Competitors should note that allCountyChampionshipsare conducted according to the CUGC General Conditions for Championships and the CUGC Standing Local Rules. Copies of these regulations are attached and may be viewed on the County Website www.cheshiregolf.org.uk.
6. Each Entrant must be a male Member of an Affiliated Golf Club in the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs; or he must have been born in Cheshire and be a male Member of an Affiliated Club in another County. He must not have taken part in a Stroke or MatchPlay Golf Championship of anotherCountyUnion, or have represented anotherCountyUnionduring the current calendar year.
7. In the event that Entries exceed the field capacity a “Ballot” will be conducted based on the Entrants “exact” handicap at the time of the Ballot as confirmed by the England Golf CDH record, or as may be otherwise notified to theCountySecretaryin a form acceptable to him.
8. In all cases individual entry shall be made using the County website “On-Line Entry and Payment” facility, (link below)); or by means of an official Entry Form, available for download from the County Website (link below), this may be submitted by post or facsimile. Entrants must include their “active” Handicap and “CDH” number with their Entry; and :-
a.) Both the entry and payment procedure must be fully completed and received by theCountySecretaryof the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs at or before 12 noon on the stipulated closing date for entries. Any payment by Cheque should be made payable to the “Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs”.
b.) No entry fee will be refunded unless firm notice of withdrawal is received in writing or via E-Mail before the published closing date for entries, except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently compete.
c.) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Tournament Committee who reserve the right to accept or refuse any entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
9. The draw for the Championship will be available for view on the County Website, an “on-line” results service will also be displayed during the Championship through the website.