1. Entry Fee : £40.
2. Closing Date for Receipt of Entries : PLEASE NOTE THIS CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL LATER IN THE YEAR. YOU CAN STILL ENTER AND AS SOON AS THE NEW DATE AND FORMAT IS CONFIRMED, YOU WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION.
3. Championship Format : The Championship of the County will be decided over 72 Holes of “Medal Strokeplay”. The starting field is limited to 132 players, subject to review by the Tournament Committee. One round will be played on each of the first two days, after which the 40 competitors returning the lowest gross scores and those tying for 40th place, will play the final two rounds on the last day. In the event of a tie for the leading gross score after 72 holes, the tied competitors will play-off over 3 selected holes; if remaining tied, play will continue on those holes until a result is determined. The play-off will be on a “Medal Strokeplay” basis. The competitor returning the overall lowest gross score will receive the Championship Trophy, his “County Colours” and a memento, other prizes as detailed in the County Handbook will also be awarded. A Club Team Championship operates within this event, details will be provided to all Affiliated Clubs.
4. Handicap and Age Restrictions : Competitors must have a current “active” playing handicap not exceeding 7 at the time of entry. No age restrictions apply; however Boy’s wishing to submit an Entry must understand and ensure that the requirements of CUGC General Condition 14 are complied with.
5. Competitors should note that all County Championships are conducted according to the CUGC General Conditions for Championships and the CUGC Standing Local Rules. Copies of these regulations are attached and may be viewed on the County Website www.cheshiregolf.org.uk.
6. Each Entrant must be a male Member of an Affiliated Golf Club in the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs; or he must have been born in Cheshire and be a male Member of an Affiliated Club in another County. He must not have taken part in a Stroke or MatchPlay Golf Championship of another County Union, or have represented another County Union during the current calendar year.
7. In the event that Entries exceed the field capacity a “Ballot” will be conducted based on the Entrants “exact” handicap at the time of the Ballot as confirmed by the England Golf CDH record, or as may be otherwise notified to the County Secretary in a form acceptable to him.
8. In all cases individual entry shall be made using the County website “On-Line Entry and Payment” facility,(link below); or by means of an official Entry Form, available for download from the County Website (link below), this may be submitted by post or facsimile. Entrants must include their “active” Handicap and “CDH” number with their Entry; and :-
a.) Both the entry and payment procedure must be fully completed and received by theCountySecretaryof the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs at or before 12 noon on the stipulated closing date for entries. Any payment by Cheque should be made payable to the “Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs”.
b.) No entry fee will be refunded unless firm notice of withdrawal is received in writing or via E-Mail before the published closing date for entries, except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently compete.
c.) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Tournament Committee who reserve the right to accept or refuse any entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
9. The draw for the Championship will be available for view on the County Website, an “on-line” results service will also be displayed during the Championship through the website.