Entry Fee - £34
Closing Date: Tuesday, 7th May 2018
1. The Tournament will be held on a scratch and handicap basis in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Ltd. The Specimen conditions in the Rules of Golf are in effect as regards Driving Clubs, Conforming Golf Balls and Time of Starting.
2. Entrants must be amateur as defined by the current Rules of Amateur Status and must be a male Member of an Affiliated Golf Club in the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs; or he must have been born in Cheshire and be a male Member of an Affiliated Club in another County. He must not have taken part in a Stroke or Match Play Golf Championship of another County Union, or have represented another County Union during the current calendar year.
3. Handicap and Age Restrictions: Competitors must have a current “Competitive” playing handicap not exceeding 6 at the time of entry. No age restrictions apply; however Boy’s wishing to submit an Entry must understand and ensure that the requirements of CUGC General Condition 14 are complied with.
4. In the event that Entries exceed the field capacity a “Ballot” will be conducted based on the Entrants “exact” handicap at the time of the Ballot as confirmed by the England Golf CDH record, or as may be otherwise notified to the County Secretary in a form acceptable to him.
5. In all cases individual entry shall be made using the County website “On-Line Entry and Payment” facility, or by means of an official Entry Form, available for download from the County Website, this may be submitted by post or email. Entrants must include their “Competitive” Handicap and “CDH” number with their Entry; and:
a. Both the entry and payment procedure must be fully completed and received by the County Secretary of the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs at or before 12 noon on the stipulated closing date for entries. Any payment by Cheque should be made payable to the “Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs”.
b. No entry fee will be refunded unless firm notice of withdrawal is received in writing or via E-Mail before the published closing date for entries, except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently compete.
c. All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Tournament Committee who reserve the right to accept or refuse any entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
6. The draw for the Championship will be available for view on the County Website, an “on-line” results service will also be displayed during the Championship through the website.
7. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry without assigning a reason.
8. Competitors should note that all County Championships are conducted according to the CUGC General Conditions for Championships and the CUGC Standing Local Rules. Copies of these regulations are attached and may be viewed on the County Website www.cheshiregolf.org.uk.
9. The competitor shall start at the time laid down by the Committee, who reserves the right to fix and / or alter starting times and to alter or amend any of the Conditions.
10. Two qualifying rounds (36 holes) will be played.
11. The 16 players with the lowest aggregate scratch scores will qualify to play for the Cheshire Matchplay Championship by scratch match play. In the event of a tie, the Second Round score will count for all countback purposes in the first instance followed by the First Round score. Ties will be resolved on the best last 9 holes (or 6 or 3 or 2 or 1 hole) followed by the best front 9 holes (or 6 or 3 or 2 or 1 hole). In the event of a tie after countback for the last qualifying places, these will be decided by ballot.
12. The 8 players with the lowest aggregate nett scores failing to qualify for the Cheshire Matchplay Championship will play for the Cheshire Matchplay Plate by handicap match play (full handicap allowance). The draw for the Cheshire Matchplay Plate is made following that for the Cheshire Matchplay Championship. Any ties will be resolved on a nett basis as described in 6 above. In the event of a tie after countback for the last qualifying places, these will be decided by ballot.
13. In the event of play being delayed, any changes to the format of the Tournament will be at the discretion of the Committee. If it is deemed that 36 holes qualifying cannot be achieved, it may become necessary to reduce this to 18 holes, whereby the leading 16 players from both the First Round will qualify (as detailed in no 6) to play for the Cheshire Matchplay Championship; similarly, the leading 8 players from the First Round will qualify (as detailed in no 7) to play for the Cheshire Matchplay Tankard. In the event of a tie for the qualifying places, these will be resolved on the best last 9 holes (or 6 or 3 or 2 or 1 hole) followed by the best front 9 holes (or 6 or 3 or 2 or 1 hole). In the event of a tie after countback for the last qualifying places, these will be decided by ballot.
14. Each match in the Cheshire Matchplay Championship and the Cheshire Matchplay Plate will consist of one round. In the event of a halved match, competitors will continue to play until one competitor gains a hole, thus winning the match.
15. The Committee’s decision in all disputes is final.