The Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs was formed on 23rd November, 1920.
Our Centenary celebrations were scheduled for 2020, however Covid-19 put paid to those, so we've put everything back to 2021.
We'll be publishing details of Centenary events in the near future. A book to mark the Centenary will also be published early in 2021. It will be distributed to clubs and available to purchase.
- Delamere Forest hosted the first County Championship and will do so again in 2021
- Cheshire were instrumental in the formation of the English Golf Union in 1924
- Cheshire were the first winners of the English Counties Championship
- A Cheshire player, Thomas Froes Ellison, won the first two English Amateur Championships
- By 1935 Cheshire had won the County Championship, provided two double winners and a further winner of the English Amateur, plus a double semi-finalist
We've created a separate website and digital archive which augments the book, you can view it here.