The Tenth ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs Limited WILL BE held at Sandiway Golf Club on Tuesday 1st February, 2022 starting promptly at 2.30pm. It is convened to elect the Directors for the year 2022-2023 including a new County President and any other business which may be legally transacted at the Meeting. Should circumstances change for meetings to be banned, a virtual meeting will be convened as per 2021. But the signs are good!
Any affiliated Club member may raise a question at the AGM. This must be submitted in writing to the County Office
no later than 2nd January 2022.
At our AGM, all affiliated Clubs will be entitled to one Vote by their Nominated Voting Member who should be available at the meeting. The Board is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help run the Union's activities. Be that a Director or not. We look forward to seeing many of the Club's Union voting members on 1st February.
The position of a Director is entirely honorary. There is some obligatory expense involved in attending matches, including accommodation when attending away matches in northern England. It is advisable that prospective candidates for election should be advised of this before being nominated.
AGM 2022 Agenda HERE
CUGC Ltd Accounts, year to 31st October 2021 HERE
Memorandum and Articles of Association HERE
2021 AGM Minutes
2022 AGM Minutes will be available here by late February
County Treasurer's Report for the Accounts to 31st October 2021 HERE.
Any Club wishing to nominate someone to the CUGC Board, please contact Peter Whitehead. This can be done during the year by co-opting onto the Board in Year 1. Contact Peter at email@example.com
Board membership of the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs Ltd is open to any member of a Cheshire Golf. Nomination MUST be through a member's Home Club.
Membership of and participation with the County can be a most rewarding experience, with an opportunity to become involved in the highest levels of Amateur Golf and it may be helpful to highlight the following:-
1) A Director is relied upon to perform duties at County Matches and Tournaments, including Championships and Membership Meetings. The duties include: Course marshalling, starting, score verification and any other duties, including refereeing, that may arise. The time devoted to these duties may vary. The County Championship and Matchplay Championship are three day events which each Board member is expected to participate.
2) A Director is expected to attend a minimum of 3 Northern League County Matches per season, 2 at Home and 1 Away and support the Northern Counties Qualifying Championship. A Director is also expected to support Junior Matches where possible. Most Matches are played either on a Saturday or Sunday.
3) A Director will be appointed to one or more of the County Sub-Committees and will be expected to assist in the responsibilities of those Committees. Attendance at Sub-Committee Meetings will be required.
4) When appropriate, Directors will be sent on training courses covering Course Rating for Standard Scratch Scores. Members may also wish to attend a referee school and become a EGU qualified referee.
5) Recent legislation requires each member of the Board directly involved with our Junior Golfers must have a CRB check prior.
6) A Director shall attend Board Meetings of which there are four each year.
7) A Director shall be aware that active participation will involve time; expenses are not paid, and all hotel and travel bills will be paid out of their own pocket.
Any current Director or the County Secretary will be pleased to give further information on request. Telephone 01244 678004