The Eighth ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs Limited will be held at the Club House, Sandiway Golf Club, near Northwich, on Tuesday, 4th February, 2020 starting promptly at 2.30 p.m. to elect the Directors for the year 2020-2021 and any other business which may be legally transacted at the Meeting.
All affiliated Clubs will be entitled to one Vote by their Nominated Voting Member who should be present at the meeting. Clubs must notify the Company Secretary the name of their Voting Member not later than Monday 27th January 2019.
The position of a Director is entirely honorary. There is some obligatory expense involved in entertaining visiting Officials at home matches, of which the County Secretary will give an indication on request. Such entertaining is usually reciprocated at away matches. It is advisable that prospective candidates for election should be advised of this before being nominated.
2020 Agenda HERE
CUGC Ltd Accounts, year to 31st October 2019 please click HERE
New Memorandum and Articles of Association HERE
2019 AGM Minutes HERE
County Treasurer's Report for the Accounts to 31st October 2019 HERE
Board membership of the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs Ltd is open to any member of a Cheshire Golf. Nomination MUST be through a members Home Club.
Membership of and participation with the County can be a most rewarding experience, with an opportunity to become involved in the highest levels of Amateur Golf and it may be helpful to highlight the following:-
1) A Director is relied upon to perform duties at County Matches and Tournaments, including Championships and Membership Meetings. The duties include: Course marshalling, starting, score verification and any other duties, including refereeing, that may arise. The time devoted to these duties may vary. The County Championship and Matchplay Championship are three day events which each Board member is expected to participate.
2) A Director is expected to attend a minimum of 3 Northern League County Matches per season, 2 at Home and 1 Away and support the Northern Counties Qualifying Championship. A Director is also expected to support Junior Matches where possible. Most Matches are played either on a Saturday or Sunday.
3) A Director will be appointed to one or more of the County Sub-Committees and will be expected to assist in the responsibilities of those Committees. Attendance at Sub-Committee Meetings will be required.
4) When appropriate, Directors will be sent on training courses covering Course Rating for Standard Scratch Scores. Members may also wish to attend a referee school and become a EGU qualified referee.
5) Recent legislation requires each member of the Board to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check due to our involvement in Junior Golf.
6) A Director shall attend Board Meetings of which there are four each year.
7) A Director shall be aware that active participation will involve time; expenses are not paid, and all hotel and travel bills will be paid out of their own pocket.
Any current Director or the County Secretary will be pleased to give further information on request.