2023 Annual General Meeting
The 11th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs Limited will be held at Sandiway Golf Club on Tuesday 7th February, 2023 starting promptly at 2.30pm.
It is convened to elect the Directors for the year 2023-2024 including a new County President and any other business which may be legally transacted at the Meeting.
Any affiliated Club member may raise a question at the AGM. This must be submitted in writing to the County Office no later than 7th January 2023.
At our AGM, all affiliated Clubs will be entitled to one Vote by their Nominated Voting Member who should be available at the meeting. The Board is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help run the Union’s activities. Be that a Director or not. We look forward to seeing many of the Club’s Union voting members on 7th February.
The position of Director is entirely honorary. There is some obligatory expense involved in attending matches, including accommodation when attending away matches in Northern England. It is advisable that prospective candidates for election should be advised of this before being nominated.
Steve Doughty, Company Secretary,
CUGC Ltd Accounts, year to 31st October 2022 Signed Accounts 2022
County Treasurer’s Report for the Accounts to 31 October 2022 Treasurer Note for AGM – 7 February 2023
Any Club wishing to nominate someone to the CUGC Board, please contact Steve Doughty. This can be done during the year by co-opting onto the Board. Contact Steve Doughty at email@example.com
Board membership of the Cheshire Union of Golf Clubs Ltd is open to any member of a Cheshire Golf. Nomination MUST be through a member’s Home Club.
Membership of and participation with the County can be a most rewarding experience, with an opportunity to become involved in the highest levels of Amateur Golf and it may be helpful to highlight the following:-
1) A Director is relied upon to perform duties at County Matches and Tournaments, including Championships and Membership Meetings. The duties include: Course marshalling, starting, score verification and any other duties, including refereeing, that may arise. The time devoted to these duties may vary. The County Championship and Matchplay Championship are three day events which each Board member is expected to participate.
2) A Director is expected to attend a minimum of 3 Northern League County Matches per season, 2 at Home and 1 Away and support the Northern Counties Qualifying Championship. A Director is also expected to support Junior Matches where possible. Most Matches are played either on a Saturday or Sunday.
3) A Director will be appointed to one or more of the County Sub-Committees and will be expected to assist in the responsibilities of those Committees. Attendance at Sub-Committee Meetings will be required.
4) When appropriate, Directors will be sent on training courses covering Course Rating for Standard Scratch Scores. Members may also wish to attend a referee school and become a EGU qualified referee.
5) Recent legislation requires each member of the Board directly involved with our Junior Golfers must have a CRB check prior.
6) A Director shall attend Board Meetings of which there are four each year.
7) A Director shall be aware that active participation will involve time; expenses are not paid, and all hotel and travel bills will be paid out of their own pocket.
Any current Director or the County Secretary will be pleased to give further information on request. Telephone 01244 678004